Pages

Monday, October 4, 2010

2007 and 96,000

Is it time yet? The white 2007 Dodge 4x4 has 96,000 miles on it. It's time to send it to the bone yard or where ever old Dodge trucks go.

The husband mentioned this morning that he may be visiting the Dodge dealership to get a new truck. He changes trucks when they get this much mileage on them as he travels across the USA and having vehicle problems is something he avoids by driving low mileage trucks.

This truck has served him well and he asked what I wanted to do with it. Keep it? It would be nice to have a truck at my disposal should I want to haul something when he is out of town.

96,000 miles and 96,000 dollars charged for it's use, this truck has earned it's initial purchase price. The maintenance has been religiously maintained. The husband is obsessive about oil changes and just had all the fluids drained; the oil, the radiator, brake fluids, transmission fluids and renewed with fresh. Obsessive much?
Just as the last Dodge left, this one will go also. It's a business decision and an attachment to it is not allowed. I, on the other hand, seem to get too attached to what I drive. I usually keep my cars for a long time and I have a lot of memories tied to them from the view over the steering wheel to places I've traveled, alone and with others.

I'm not ready to give up my auto. Maybe by the time he gives up the next truck, I'll be ready to switch from the comfy Marquis.

The husband has just left again to return to "location".
I'm packing up the GPS, cameras and cell and getting ready to do some exploring. Houston? San Antonio? I have not a clue where I will end up today and it doesn't really matter. That's most of the fun gained from trips that are spontaneous; to see where it takes me.

I'm outta here to get showered and dressed and on the road.
I'm gone!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated to prevent spam posters. Leave a comment! It's nice to know you visited!