Pages

Friday, February 12, 2010

Snow bound, Not quite!

With a cup of coffee gripped tightly in my left hand, I reached for the front door knob and swung open the front door for my first look at the day. It's 7:30 AM and for a change I slept through the night without tossing and turning and waking too often and standing in the open front door I viewed a sky full of white fluffy flakes of snow. It was beautiful. I watched for a while as it coated the roofs of the neighboring house and a few flakes gathered on the longer shoots of grass that had browned from the winter weather. I made another trip to the coffee pot to refill my cup and return to the door to watch again but in the short space of time it took me to refill my cup and get back to my viewing the flakes had shrunk in size and were but mere little pinpoints of white. Soon even that stopped, the snow on the rooftops turned to water with the rising temperatures and all the flakes on the grass disappeared too and it was over. That's it. Our snow for the season and it was over much too soon.
Today was Carrie's day to visit her grandother in Lydia so I helped her get her hair brushed and her coat on and snapped into her car seat for the ride to the meeting place to place her in the care of that grandmother. That done, I returned home and I don't plan on any more trips outside the house today. I'm going to do some interior organizing. That's my exciting day. Hope your's is a bit more lively then this one!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated to prevent spam posters. Leave a comment! It's nice to know you visited!